Getting Ready for Your Smile Makeover
A survey showed that 9 out of 10 Americans consider people with good teeth more attractive. If someone fails to flash a full smile because of embarrassment about how it looks, this can be interpreted as either unfriendly or due to fear that others will judge that person to have poor dental hygiene. Some Americans even see a correlation between smiles and social prospects or career advancement.
The standard is especially high in Southern California because of the high bar set by Hollywood and Beverly Hills, even for those who are not in the entertainment or fashion industries. The good news is that you do not have to be a celebrity to afford a smile makeover that can transform your smile into a gleaming new version that you are eager to show.
To prepare for the first steps of a cosmetic upgrade, you need to be informed and honest with yourself about what you don’t like about your current smile and what you visualize as the one you would like to have.
- Are your teeth too yellow or brown because of stains due to beverages, foods, medications, or smoking, which don’t respond to over-the-counter products?
- Did you forgo having orthodontic treatment as a teen because you heard so many complaints about braces being uncomfortable, the difficulties of eating and cleaning them?
- Are some of your teeth too small or too large or misshapen compared to others?
- Are some teeth chipped or cracked?
- Is a dark root showing through because of a dead tooth or failed root canal?
- Do you dislike how your old silver fillings show whenever you smile?
The place to start on the road to your perfect smile is a full dental examination of your teeth and gums, including a digital x-ray which will show not only how healthy your visible teeth are, but their roots and the underlying jawbone.
Even those who are diligent about brushing and flossing may want to make sure their oral health is still in good order. It is time to learn to develop new habits going forward, such as brushing more effectively and longer, a better way to hold the floss and move it correctly, and having more frequent dental hygiene treatments.
Once you have solid oral health and are ready to start the smile makeover, your dentist will go over your options, from starting the process of wearing Invisalign orthodontic trays or having dental implants placed to porcelain veneers being bonded to the front of your teeth.
Call us now or schedule a virtual consultation to discuss exciting options at our Beverly Hills and Thousand Oaks locations for a smile makeover.